Social Leadership Workshop Facilitator
Do you feel that there’s more to education than what you find in a textbook? Do you wish that school taught you more about real life? Do you want to empower young people to learn and become leaders of social change? If you answered yes, yes and YES to these three questions, then you may be exactly who we’re looking for…
We are Revolution Hive, an educational social enterprise committed to equipping young people for real life - as leaders in life beyond the classroom. Our movement is expanding rapidly, and we are looking for up to five dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring individuals to join our team in leading workshops with young people towards developing intelligent, informed, civic-minded action-takers. If you’re passionate about making a change and want to unleash your own leadership potential, then we would love to hear from you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Revolution Hive’s Social Leadership Development Programme is delivered professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives
- Maintain classroom management of young people (group size and age will vary)
- Arrive punctually to school/ youth organisation sites and effectively manage time during the course of the workshops
- Relate to students about their personal aspirations, Higher Education and career options, and skills for success in school and life
- Develop relationships with partner schools and youth organisations, and seek to create new partnerships wherever possible
- Attend training sessions and commit to your own personal development
- Contribute your feedback to other facilitators and our Programme Director - we’re all here to learn.
Desired Personal Qualities
- passion for working with young people, particularly from disadvantaged and disengaged backgrounds
- highly committed and organised
- good sense of humour
- strong sense of confidence & presence in a classroom setting
- enthusiastic and flexible presentation style
- Free workshop-facilitation training from world-class coaches
- On the job training to develop public speaking, communication and interpersonal skills, helping you to unlock the leader within & inspire anyone
- A full three-month scholarship place on our prestigious Hive Leadership Academy (subject to commitment)
- Access to our certified leadership training
- Access to industry-based professionals through our Revolution Hive networks
- Mentoring & support/advice with your career (LinkedIn training, presentation, selling & branding yourself)
Working Hours and Wage
A paid free-lance role at a starting wage of £15 an hour for each hour of workshop facilitation (plus additional travel expenses). Workshop facilitators will be expected to commit 6-12 hours a week starting from 25th September 2017. Workshop locations will vary.
Please complete the application form by following the link below. The deadline to apply is Sunday 17th September 2017.